Saturday 2 January 2010

A new year begins......


I hope everyone stayed safe and well over the festive season.......it has been some time since I managed to blog anything so apologies for that, Christmas/New Year came and went with out much celebration as times are tough and sadly we have a serious illness in the family.
Anyway, I thought it about time I sat and did some card making and I have spent the last few days sat infront of my desk working furiously. These first few months of the year are full of birthdays for me so I wanted to make sure I was organised........it has also been quite theraputic (not sure on the spelling!!) to do some craft work.


These first 3 cards I made to try and use up some of my very large scrap pile..............


I also thought it about time I used my Three for You punch box set...I bought this from the retired list and up until the other day had not used it. I know the flowers are not centred and it was a genuine mistake but I thought it didn't look too bad so I left it as it was!


Back to my beloved browns and greens below!!!



This next card I coloured using the SU markers and blender pens.....I really like the way this came out as I tend to only use my markers to put colour onto the stamps before I stamp them, but with this one I put pen to paper so to speak and then blended!!


And last but not least a water colour using the SU crayons, I have always wanted to be able to paint a real water colour but I should think this is the closest I will ever get to that!!!!!




Unfortunately I am not sure whether I will be able to continue with Stampin Up as financially things a very tight for us at the moment. SU was only ever a hobby for me and I dont have the time or space to make it a business, although I do want to keep posting on my blog so dont go anywhere folks, I will continue to post my cards as long as people are interested in seeing them!!


Ok dont want to over do it on my first blog back for the new year, take care out there in the snowy weather (no Mum I dont want to hear how lovely and warm it is at home!!!) and will be back soon with some more cards.


Stay safe


Kylie xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kylie, I am a friend of your mum's x-work-Mission Aust. I love your sight, just to see what clever people like your self are up too.
    I love the Rose and Water colour it is so pretty like you have painted it. The winter Post is really worth buying, it has the old look about it.
    I also love the week number 5 wreath, the person who you are giving it too should fill very special.
    I hope you can find your way to keep going, i enjoy your webpage. Yes mum is right very hot here in hobart 32degree's today. Hopefully no fire's.
    Well take care and all the best with the new arrivals, enjoy them while you can.
    cheers
    Catherine from Tassie.

    ReplyDelete