Monday 19 October 2009

Cold Christmas.....

As I have been working on my Christmas cards, I keep showing each creation to Steve to get his opinion........he is totally Mr Christmas and I just really aint that bothered by the whole affair!! Anyway, Steve has this whole thing about Christmas being traditional and 'warm' so he really doesn't like all the lovely pale blue, white, silver, crisp green colours and just keeps saying to me 'GREEN, RED AND GOLD!!!! PEOPLE WANT TO SEE SOMETHING TO MAKE THEM FEEL WARM!!!!'

Ok so that made him sound like he was shouting at me but he really wasn't......bless him, he just likes traditional English Christmas stuff.....I will loose count of how many mince pies, mini Christmas puddings and brandy cream/butter he will eat between now and new year!! Again, all the traditional Christmas stuff like mince pies, christmas pud and Christmas cake I just cant stand........raspberries and ice cream for me!!! I do try my best to get 'festive' when the time comes but it is hard being so far away from family.....................

Righty ho, onto a couple of cards.....I made a point of buying some of the retired DP's as the Christmassy ones are just lovely although this is one that Steve didn't like......too cold apparently!!!








.......and one that he did!!






I used some little red gem stones on the woodcut holly stamp to make the berries stand out (as they should really be red!!)


Well thats it for tonight folks, hope you enjoyed looking around my blog, please leave a comment it is always great to get constructive feedback!


Stay safe


Kylie xx

1 comment:

  1. Bald and boring.I shall say no more!!!!! The card are lovely Kylie. I love the different colours. Thanks for the preview on Skype.

    ReplyDelete